Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  General Chat  ~  HP Watt Bike Sessions 2018

ChrisD
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:19 pm Reply with quote
We have managed to get one of the three available evening slots at the new 16 seater Watt Bike studio at HP.

We have back to back sessions booked now on Monday nights - starting on Monday 17th September.

Session 1 is at 7:15
Session 2 is at 8:15

Session 1 is aimed at younger riders (and parents where opportunity knocks) and will be coached
Session 2 is for anyone and may be coached!

We have had great fun in the past at Spoke and its great to have the opportunity to get these winter sessions restarted.

Cost to be confirmed in the next couple of days as will the means of booking on the a session (we hope they both fill up).

We have a booking for 6 weeks which we can then extend / adapt as we see how we go. We will try to get a Thursday night slot ... but it is not open to us right now.

Time to use it .. or lose it!

Thanks ever so Chris
AlistairM
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:47 am Reply with quote
i.m up for that if all goes well
Al
ChrisD
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
Update on pricing (as things stand):

Youth Riders (school aged riders): 3/session
Anyone else: 5.

There are 16 bikes - so we should be able to cope with anyone who wishes to turn up in the first couple of weeks.

If you want to book a slot formally ... then please contact me by my mobile number (text is good if you remember to put who you are in the text! - *7713 876*53 (work out what a * means here (it is a zero)) or via the facebook page or if needs be via the Forum (but it could clog the forum up ...).

If demand is high - we can always look to book more time .. but if we cannot fill 32 seats ... we will go down to one session a week.

Friends who are Non Clarion members are welcome to come along ... but please let me know in advance - as if numbers are full - some priority will be given the club members!! (if we are full!!)

Thanks ever so

Chris
ChrisD
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote
Update ahead on first session(s) tomorrow night.

We have almost filled the first session but only have one taker for the second session at this time.

If you have let me know or asked for a booking via the Facebook groups or texted me - you will be given priority over any late turner up'ers - who are welcome!!

We will play this by ear over the next couple of weeks - and the first session will include some set up / start up time for those needing a welcome to Watt Bikes ... we are in this for the long run so please be patient tomorrow?

Thanks

Chris
ChrisD
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Thanks ever so to all who made it last night - and to Coach Tom for getting the sessions underway.

We will need more people at Session 2 if we want to keep running it - but lets see how we go for the next 2 - 3 weeks. If you want to book into Session 1 and have not been down before please let me know.

In order to let Tom deliver a good session to all - please try to be at HPP by 7:10 for Session 1 - we can gain access to the Watt Bike studio after 7pm.

With thanks

Chris
ChrisD
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Update as of 27/09:

In response to demand .. we will continue with a coached session each week from Tom D on Monday's starting promptly at 7:15. We will not be running the second session in the evening.

However we do have an opportunity to take up 8 "seats on bikes" in a coached session led by Chris Hunt on Wednesday's at 8pm. This is not a Clarion session - but an opportunity to fill space in a session Chris delivers for HPP.

If you want to come along and are not a member of HPP Gym - can you give Chris or I the heads up (please) just so we can manage numbers / expectations in taking up bike space in a mid week session.

Thanks ever so

Chris D
AlistairM
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Hi Chris. Physio has ok'd me for 15minutes or so on a watt bike so I intend to be there 8pm Wed. My drivers will also join in the fun if ok!
Thanks for organising
Al
ChrisHunt
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Alistair. that's great. let me know what you can and cant do (or are allowed to do) and i will try and make sure you don't get sucked in to doing things you shouldn't be doing

Chris H
AlistairM
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks Chris I'll just take it easy really. Still got a neck brace on but hopefully coming to the end of that in the next few weeks. Lost a lot of muscle everywhere so generally looking to build up slowly.
Al
AlistairM
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Physio happy thanks Chris. Anna and I all good for a bit longer and a bit faster next week. The neck brace has to stay on until early November unfortunately!
Al