Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  Off Road Racing News & Results  ~  What's going on with cyclo-cross in 2018?

john-o
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 May 2007 Posts: 1505 Location: Bingham
Seems a bit quiet on here regarding cyclo-cross... especially bearing in mind we're a couple of races into the season and Tom Dussek won the other week in Clarion colours (well done Tom!).

What's going on people?

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
Also, I'm planning on riding my first ever cyclo-cross race at Bingham in a couple of weeks - any tips?

I've been practicing falling off my cross bike, so think I've got that nailed... I've got a duathlon in Northumberland next weekend (on my cross bike), but I don't think that's going to be very good preparation.

Due to my youthfulness I'll be racing in the seniors, so am well aware that I'll take an absolute kicking. But any practical advice on what to think about for the day would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:09 am Reply with quote
Hi John, we've been at the first few ndcxl, though sadly my sojourn at the back has been curtailed due to man flu. A fearsome ailment, I'm sure you'll agree.

Some good and some bad on the cx front. There has been a good turnout from the olds, i.e. 16+. Tom as you point out, won the whole male race last week. James Swadling, Ollie Cole and Older Lofthouse have all raced and have done well. Poppy has been racing in the female race, though in her current club colours. Helen D has been performing strongly in the vet women. There were a bunch of old men racing as well. On the bad news, I don't think I have seen a single younger rider racing in Clarion kit. I may be wrong on that as thankfully I don't have to rock up until 12 now.
john-o
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Ricky. Sorry you've been suffering...

Hopefully there's some Clarion youth out there waiting to make their debut (as well as old dogs looking to learn new tricks)...

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Ricky's just missed them... Harry has raced U12s each week and Luc, Ben and Rosie have raced youths - maybe others too. No U9s though.

See you at Bingham John!
lynchpin
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Good to see everyone @ Bingham on Saturday, riders and spectators alike.
Some found the course harder than others but plenty of club colours on show with most categories covered.
It was especially good to see Al out and about albeit in his designer neck brace,
Well done to all Very Happy