Meet: Former Lime Kiln now Little People's Nursery,

SUMMER TIMETABLE SO 8.30am meet for 8.45am START

Time:
Group 1 ???
Group 2 8.30am for 8.45am start - circa 18.0mph

Leaders:
Group 1: ??
Group 2: ?? - Sat-Nav

Cafe: March House Farm nr Great Dalby (32 miles - 11am)

Lime Kiln start on the first week of Summer timings - although it looks still too chilly for Summer clothing. Warm up to Waltham via the ever delightful Harby Hill. We then go to Freeby and Wymondham before South to Teigh and Ashwell. Westerly next to Whissendine and Little Dalby before passing through Great Dalby and taking the Kirby Bellars road where we find a new to us cafe stop at March House Farm. There may be a cafe very direct group consisting of Linda but am sure she will ride more than the two or three miles from temporary home at Melton. (32 miles 11am)

Return journey is 25 miles down into the Wreake Valley at Ashby Folville, Gaddesby, Rearsby and up out via Thrussington and Ragdale. We then head above Old Dalby to Upper Broughton along the A606 North briefly to turn down from Hickling Pastures to Hickling and back to the Lime Kin. Total 57 miles - arriving back at the Lime Kiln by 1.15pm

The strava Link is:

https://www.strava.com/routes/17733564

Last edited by Satnav on Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
PatrickE
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:42 pm Reply with quote
It could just be me but I can’t download the route.
AndrewW
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I’m having the same problem Patrick
F=ma
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am Reply with quote
There's one digit missing (should be Cool...

Chris

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Sorry guys - missed a 6 out from the route number - now fixed.
StewartB
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Might I suggest at the end of Gaddesby lane going straight across to Rearsby (not shown as a road on the map but there is a cyclepath) rather than going along the A607.
Satnav
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
After being told for most of the week that the warm weather would be gone by today, most of us where a bit cautious in our clothing choice. The reality was very warm in the sun at 8.30am at the Lime Kiln but cooler when in the move. So, pretty much what ever was worn today was OK.

Two groups totalling eighteen made their way through the tough first ten miles to Waltham and enjoyed the easier Southerly direction of the Freeby Road. Pace was brisk so we were soon at the Souherly tip of the route at Ashwell. The many undulations of the day didn't slow us down too much and we were at March Farm at least twenty minutes earlier picking up the Group Cafe Very Direct (Linda) at Great Dalby. The Storck parked up at the cafe was Phil. Phil was even stopping and eating today and not waiting to whisk Linda, with only the smell of coffee and cake to savour, away from the delights inside.

The feedback was this first visit to this cafe was a success. Food was lovely, good portions, prompt and the staff were very pleasant. Nice coffee too. What more could you want. We'll be back.

Return journey had the Phil and Andrew engine in the front to pull us down into the Wreake Valley. It was chillier at Rearsby, like it had been a misty morning. We got caught at the level crossing by a very long freight train before our train started the climb back out if the Valley through Ragdale.

Final leg was Nottingham Lane above Old Dalby, Upper Broughton and a pacy run along the A606 to Hickling Pastures. It was a great way to start the Summer club run season and an 18.5moh average pace too.
HelenD
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Another great route - thank you Tim.

I think I've managed to join you on the last four club runs - next week I'm off to Flanders to enjoy the cobbles (and bring Tom home for a few weeks 😃), we then have a family party so it's likely to be at least the Easter weekend before I join you again. In the meantime thank you for organising - it's really appreciated - as is the company of the different folk I've ridden with (especially Dave and Andrew into 40mph the headwind a few weeks back 😂)
LeeT
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I’m pleased that March House lived up to the clubs expectations 🤣🤣 I wasn’t sure they’d be able to cope with 12 beans on toast in record breaking time 🤣
As I rode by last night, Dan, the guy who owns it waved at me....i wasn’t sure at the time if that was a good or bad thing 🤔

I’m glad everyone enjoyed it 👍🏼👍🏼

Lee