Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  General Chat  ~  CTT levies to increase in 2019

StewartB
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
4 pages so far on TT forum.

Headline news for most of us is that the levy on club events is to rise to £3 (and £4 for opens).

I believe it is currently £2 for both.
Paul H.
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
Getting interesting on there (page 5)
http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/128519-ctt-levies-increase/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-1761079
I tend to agree with beardyweirdy!
Details of the cost of Champions Night are revealing, and whilst I understand that getting as many prize winners to attend as possible is desirable, surely it should be funded from Open event income only?
Our club events cost £4 at present, £2 of that goes to CTT and £2 into club funds to cover the cost of our trophies and engraving each season, which in the past it just about has done. I notice that numbers for the 10s are significantly down this year so far, so covering the cost of trophies etc at the moment looks unlikely, as prizes awarded remain pretty much the same irrespective of numbers. An increase of the levy next year to £3 will add to this problem.
StewartB
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Yes, it was the potential impact to the Club 10 that I was getting at, but was pressed for time so didn't really write it out fully.

We aren't getting a huge amount of club riders - best is about 10 from a rough look and maybe as little as 4/5.

There also aren't a lot of PTs most nights.

I do have a feeling that we are more expensive than other clubs, but I haven't rode someone else's 10 for a few years so that may not be true.
RickyW
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 pm Reply with quote
How popular is TTing in general? Does the decline in club numbers reflect a more general decline?
Paul H.
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am Reply with quote
I think the general trend is declining entries, it's not just us. Also there are less open events for various reasons. £4 looks to be what most clubs charge since the levy increased to £2. We used to have an option to pay a one off payment for the season of £20 so you could ride as many as you wanted, but this became unworkable when the £2 levy came in.
le cygne
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
RickyW wrote:
How popular is TTing in general? Does the decline in club numbers reflect a more general decline?

I think TTís are still pretty popular, but the problem is that itís become a bit of an arms race and expensive. A £2 increase is a drop in the ocean for some for Open events but seems a bit steep for a club event which the CTT do very little for.
Event at club level people are going to wind tunnels and getting aero tested.
Itís not unusual to see better kit at a 10 mile open TT than it is at the Worlds, seriously.

That can be intimidating to someone wanting to start out racing.
Also there are a large number of people who are course chasers, who only ride drag strip courses and wonít ride a course like ours.
I donít think itís been helped with the closure of the LK pub, previously this was the heart beat of the club after the evening 10 in the back conservatory.

I know Mapperley have had to change their course and because of it their numbers are way down as the new course is much busier and harder/slower.

Cool Cool

http://twitter.com/No1Swann