Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  Club Runs  ~  Sat 14th July. Thaymar ice cream cafe. RADCLIFFE start.

F=ma
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Meet: Radcliffe-On-Trent - Opposite Co-op

Time: EARLY SUMMER SCHEDULE
Group 1 ???
Group 2 8.30am for 8.45am start - circa 18.0mph

Leaders:
Group 1: ??
Group 2: Chris

Cafe: Thaymar Ice Cream Cafe - 35 miles (11.00am)

It looks like the weather is set to continue so Ice Cream is on the menu!

A flattish 35 mile run north should get us there for 10.45ish and with a nearly as flat 32 miles return we should be back to Radcliffe for 1.15-1.30 latest - so home in time to see England vs France for the World Cup 3rd/4th place play off (too pessimistic?)

It's an 8.30 meet for 8.45am departure again and please note that we'll be starting from Radcliffe for a change.

The Strava Link is:

https://www.strava.com/routes/14212715

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 pm Reply with quote
F=ma wrote:
Meet: Radcliffe-On-Trent - Opposite Co-op

Time: EARLY SUMMER SCHEDULE
Group 1 ???
Group 2 8.30am for 8.45am start - circa 18.0mph

Leaders:
Group 1: ??
Group 2: Chris

Cafe: Thaymar Ice Cream Cafe - 35 miles (11.00am)

It looks like the weather is set to continue so Ice Cream is on the menu!

A flattish 35 mile run north should get us there for 10.45ish and with a nearly as flat 32 miles return we should be back to Radcliffe for 1.15-1.30 latest - so home in time to see England vs France for the World Cup 3rd/4th place play off (too pessimistic?)

It's an 8.30 meet for 8.45am departure again and please note that we'll be starting from Radcliffe for a change.

The Strava Link is:

https://www.strava.com/routes/14212715

Lets hope you are 100% wrong not just 50 Twisted Evil
F=ma
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:38 pm Reply with quote
10 of us at the start on Radcliffe on another hot Saturday with very little wind.

We breezed along at a lively pace, picking up a couple more from Bingham en route. All went smoothly until, through Newark, I made the mistake of thinking I could re,ember the route rather than following Garmin resulting in a retrace of our steps for half a mile or so (in fact we could have carried on and met the route by a better way but I didn’t dare get it wrong again).

After that we had mile upon mile of lovely quiet, gently rolling north Notts roads. A Mia route down a scratchy lane meant we had to improvise the last few miles but we arrived safely at the cafe.

At this point my day turned sour. I reached into my jersey pocket for my wallet only to discover that it wasn’t there. My phone, cash etc had fallen out somewhere on the route out. We tried ‘find my phone’ but bad luck meant that it had fallen out somewhere with no phone signal. Nick thought he’d seen where it had happened so we retraced our steps but we didn’t find it.

To pile misery on bad luck I had not one but two punctures on the way back, as well as losing a contact lens. All that and being absolutely knackered for the last 15 miles or so made it less than my happiest day.

I think everyone else enjoyed the ride though. I hope the black raincoud over my head and the delays for the longer route and punctures didn’t take too much from anyone else’s day.

See you all next week.

Chris

P.S. Drove back up again this morning to search some more but no joy. New phone on order...

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
Thanks Chris, I enjoyed that ride even with Lou ripping my legs off up the bumpy bits.

Really disappointing that you didn't manage to find your phone & wallet, combined with the other bad luck, that's a sod of a day. Sad

http://twitter.com/No1Swann
StewartB
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
Sorry for not hanging around. We'd had our ice creams and coffee (2 coffees for Lou) and were ready to head off when we spotted your food just being served.
AlistairM
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Great ride Chris thank you for organising. Apologies for being dragged round but I too was without legs after the ride up to the café so big thanks to all on front. Bad news about your phone etc when will bike kit makers realise we might carry such things and put a zip on everything?
Al