Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  General Chat  ~  Nottingham Clarion Open 50 - Help

Volante
Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Nottingham Clarion is promoting an Open 50 again this year. The Nottingham Clarion Open 50 also incorporates the National Clarion 50TT championship.

You might fancy riding it. Entries are available online at the CTT website.

If not, I need some help to ensure the smooth and safe running of the event.

Help is required:

Marshals -> to ensure the riders turn when they need to (2 at each turn ideally, i.e. 6 in total) and shout encouragement

Kitchen Fairies -> to ensure riders and helpers are fed and watered (2 people to make light work)

Signing on -> to ensure riders sign in and out on the dotted line, hand over and collect numbers

Push off -> to get riders off the start

Parking -> to make sure the riders park correctly and we keep the villagers happy (and the use of the Village Hall for another day)

Lots of cake!

Date: 03 June 2018
HQ: Granby Village Hall, Sutton Lane, Granby (where else)
Time: Helpers required to be at HQ before first rider starts (push off at 10:00)

“On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.” [Friedrich Nietzsche]
AnthonyJ
Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Im unsure if I am racing this..... my Club Spirit says yes, my heart says, no thanks.... it took me a whole week to get over this race last year.

If I am not racing I will definitely be helping out.

its unlikely I will be racing
john-o
Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 May 2007 Posts: 1488 Location: Bingham
AnthonyJ wrote:
Im unsure if I am racing this..... my Club Spirit says yes, my heart says, no thanks.... it took me a whole week to get over this race last year.

If I am not racing I will definitely be helping out.

its unlikely I will be racing

Decisive.

I will definitely help out.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
Thank you for coming forward.

1 1/2 down a few more to go. Don’t shout all at once.... Very Happy

This Open has a good reputation, not just for the course but also for the help and support and lovely cakes it offers ......

“On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.” [Friedrich Nietzsche]
AnthonyJ
Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 am Reply with quote
Im helping now... I cant face a 50. I'd rather help.
MarkMcC
Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I can offer to help out too Jess.
(Much less painful than actually riding).
Volante
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
Thank you Mark.
I know have four - still need a few more to make this a successful and safe race.

It is a couple of hours plus you get to eat cake and support your club Smile

Anymore for anymore?

Volante
Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 am Reply with quote
On last count (last night) we had 53 keen entries. Who else can spare time for their club on 03 June to keep riders safe, fed and make sure we run the great Open riders are accustomed to?
I need a few more volunteers ... and cake!

AnthonyJ
Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
I can make a chocolate cake! Im ok at them and it doesnt take long.

I can also make some un-godly flapjack type thin that Vick's grandma used to make, rowers loved it, cyclists are the same.
Volante
Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 pm Reply with quote
AnthonyJ wrote:
I can make a chocolate cake! Im ok at them and it doesnt take long.

I can also make some un-godly flapjack type thin that Vick's grandma used to make, rowers loved it, cyclists are the same.

Sounds superb! Thank you!

I will be making the chocolate brownies again...plus something else...

le cygne
Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone from the club entered?

http://twitter.com/No1Swann
Volante
Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:19 pm Reply with quote
On last and final count 65 entries for the Nottingham Clarion Open 50

Still need some more hands on deck to make this a fun and safe event for everyone[b] - that includes the volunteers...

Not only do many hands make light work, they also make more cakes and help one another (marshalling is fun and even more fun when there are two....)

AlistairM
Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
Hi Jess I think I can do this one but will need to confirm next week. Let me know if not required as under pressure from the builders to get stuff done at home Smile
Al
Volante
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Al.
I’ll let you know. Might need someone at the HQ when riders sign in and collect numbers. I confirm.

We also still take cakes - if unable to help out on the day, cake is still welcome. You can drop it off at mine the day before or at the village hall on the day.

Volante
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Hi

65 eager riders have signed up.

I have a number of volunteers but to make it safe and fun for them and share the load, I need another three happy volunteers from the club on Sunday, 03 June.

(Did I mention there will be cake?)